Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Valentine’s Day is one of the most celebrated days of the year. It’s a time to give love, spread love, share love and receive love. If you're like me you look forward to being pampered and adored by that special someone today. You look forward to him or her professing their love to you and showing you that love through all of the thoughtful gifts and things they will do today. But what happens if you don't have a valentine to tell you how much they adore you and how much they can't live without you and how everyday is better because you are in their life? I know it sounds a little sappy...lol!!
Valentine's Day can be one of the best days of the year because you are reminded by others how much you are loved or it can be one of the worst days of the year because you are reminded of how little love you have. What should you do if you don't have a valentine today? What's the best gift you can get if you don't have that special someone? Well, I'm glad you asked!!!
Here are my top 5 answers below:
1. Love yourself unadulterated, uninhibited and unconditionally: Sometimes we can be our own worse enemy. Through the constant criticism and self-deprecating talk you may find yourself wallowing in self-pity. Don't be so hard on yourself! Love everything about you: The Good...The Bad...and The Ugly!
2. The Love you are looking for can't be found outside of yourself: We frequently look to others to fill a void that can only be filled by ourselves. Always remember that the love you receive is a reflection of the love you give.
3. Love yourself without comparing: It must be human nature to compare ourselves to others but the truth is you and I were never supposed to be anyone but ourselves. Be the best you, you can be. Simply being you is enough!
4. Know that you are deserving of love, especially the love that you give to yourself. Sometimes the disappointments of love and broken promises can make you feel like love isn't for you but know that through the heartbreaks and tears you deserve to be loved! You are deserving of love! Especially the love that you give to yourself!
5. Love yourself by loving others: What better way to feel loved than to give love to others. The law of reciprocity reminds us that we will reap what we sow. Sow a little love into the life of someone else today and throughout the year. You will feel all the more loved because if it!